Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Packing

Okay, so tomorrow, dear Rumsey goes to Rick, king of dog sitters, so I can pack a box and a suitcase without him having a heart attack. My mother asked, do you think E is going to be okay with all the changes? I said, E? He will be fine, it is the dog I am worried about. Poodles aren't really dogs, but just wait till the new baby shows up. He is going to flip. But at least this isnt the first time. He will be sad. Yet another lovely being that will need a big piece of me. He is a fabulous dog, just very sensitivo.

Today, I asked E twice if he is excited about the new house. He said, I am excited about Baby Sister. Oh, what a dear, dear boy.

5 and 3/4 is an incredible age. He loves to play, with all his attention, pirates, chess, with the shark cards, jump on the trampoline or just read the Dragon books that suddenly have invaded since we started reading How to Train a Dragon. This led to some fake textbook on dragons and we are off, the new trend has been started. Last week, Batty became BAT BOY, Snowy got a mask and a cape, (his super hero identity escapes me) London Frog, SUPER FROG and they were the hit of the week. What is next? Playing in the moving boxes? Driving us to distraction while we move? Oh well. He helped a bit today. In between taking toys out to play with them, getting play-dough all over the counter, taking the chess set out and wanting to create a new game called catapult. He is so wonderful.

i will miss him in Ethiopia this time. He is excited about going to his grandmothers. But we dont know when. I wish we knew when.

Not knowing when we go.....there is an Embassy date on May 17 for our agency....... Lets hope that is the one for us. May 17. May 17. Lulu-B, Lulu-B. I hope we get an Embassy date on May 17.

Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Miriam Eusebio said...

I'm marking May 17th on my wall calendar in the kitchen. That way I'll see it often and think good thoughts for you all whenever I do!