Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Almost there...

We are almost there, and this really is the hardest part. For me at least.

Having met her, left her in Ethiopia, and now waiting for our Embassy date. Our updated home-study/I-171h approval has to crawl across the US of A, from the Bay Area CIS to the National Visa Center in New Hampshire so we can get our Embassy date. The date to go get her in Ethiopia.

(If you move, in state, while adopting, you have to update your home-study, which we have done, but boy, oh boy, I wish it had been at a different time, like three weeks after she came home.)

I just wanted to go check weather in New Hampshire. I want to call the Post Office and ask how long it will take and can the mailman make sure to make all his rounds, please? Mitchel says next week, Andrea, tomorrow. I hope for Thursday, but I am probably just crazy.

Lulu's room is going to be sunny, bright yellow. With the elephant quilt my dear Aunt Judy made for Zeno, our baby who didnt come home. I couldn't use it for Eli, but I am ready to use it now, and I think Lulu will love all the color in it. I do wish I had something as beautiful for Eli. Lulu also has the most beautiful owl quilt that Alice made her, in orange, with fabulous owls all over it. She loved it in Ethiopia. Considering all her stuff is in storage until next week, she does have some nice quilts! I cant wait to get her room set up. She has a beautiful new round crib and changing table, from a family right near ours. I think it is going to be a wonderful room.

E's room is going to be orange. He picked it, orange. And he wants a bunk bed, so Lulu can sleep in the room with him. Not yet, I don't think, but maybe before we know it.

I think the house will be lovely. A wonderful place for us to grow and change. I wish it wasn't making our date to get our daughter be in the ether, but hopefully it will all fall into place and really soon.

I am actually hoping for a minor miracle. The mail to go on time, the info to be updated, extra fast and a Embassy date that doesn't conflict with the election and my one gig this month, and we get a date this Spring. May she come home this spring.

Still waiting.....still waiting.....

2 comments:

Miriam Eusebio said...

I'm so glad for these posts! The house colors sound great, and I'm sure Lulu-b will love love it because she'll be with you.

Catharine said...

you are too kind. Love you