Thursday, April 22, 2010

Spring, Spring, Spring

Spring. Okay, things change in the spring, but This IS Crazy.

Got the keys to the new house. It's pretty cool. Big, empty, with a park like yard, tons to do, but pretty darn cool. 1974, here we come.

Also, this is the week of final stretch paperwork for Lulu-B. Emailed the I-600, the DS 230 and the I-864. No, I am not making these forms up. I thought they had to be mailed in and then taken to the Embassy, as we did with Eli. But two months ago, the US government changed it's policy, and we needed to email them to our agency, which Mitch did this morning. The forms must be into the embassy two weeks before you can pick your child up. I will put them in a list for the adoptive families that might want to cut and paste:

I-600
DS 230
I-864

The DS 230 you fill out as if your child is filling it out. No, she is not married. No, she has no job history, etc....

And, on the first day we had keys to the house, our home study update.

Okay, why have we waited to update? I am no longer sure, but they were waiting for us to be in our new house. So nice to see our social worker, on this journey with us for 6 years now. Plastic pirate cups and folding chairs, as we move next week, after they paint. Well, it is going to be down to the wire, in the new house, expedite left, expedite right, call this person, call that, our homestudy agency has kindly offered to push it through, extra, extra fast, with people working on their birthday and coming in on their day off. Please, please, please, let it be enough.

Our fingers are crossed that we are assigned an appointment and our update gets in by the skin of it's teeth.

Fingers crossed. We want Lulu-B home.

Now all we have to do is pack, move, unpack and go to Ethiopia. Wait, the cable guy, the internet, the tree guy, the......

wait, we can even skip all that.....all we want is Lulu-B home.... May she fly home in the spring..... May.....



2 comments:

Miriam Eusebio said...

Oh god it feels so close! I think about her and you all every day! I put that lovely picture you took of her, in Mitchel's arm and Eli right up to her face, onto my desktop so I see it every time the computer is on. I know she's looking at you in that photo.
love
love
Miriam

Catharine said...

awhh... shucks. I cant wait to have her here. I hope she likes us when we stick around....

love to you