Monday, May 3, 2010

Embassy Appointment


We have an EMBASSY APPOINTMENT.



Okay, sorry to shout it to the mountain tops, but we go get Lulu-B next week.


NEXT WEEK. WOW!



I woke up this morning and i couldn't imagine waiting any longer for Lulu to come home. I had a horrible dream that she was having trouble breathing and I woke up frantic. Tense, nervous and ready to call on any power to get her home. Luckily, all I had to do was call the agency gave me the news.

It couldn't be at a more awkward time, as we move this week, unpack some this weekend, wait for the washer dryer I bought today to be installed on Saturday, so we can wash our clothes when we get home, hire the garden person, so the grass doesn't die or go to seed, which is next on the agenda, get the baby stuff out of storage....It is the longest to do list I think I have ever had, not this long, maybe since finals week when I took 24 units. The list is multiple choice and many pronged. New House, Old House, Baby, Trip.... I am going to miss a gig, big bummer, as it takes a really long time to get to and from Ethiopia, so long that I am not going to make it back in time for my one gig this month; no time to recover from jet-lag or even get home. Oh, yeah the painters are still painting, and the colors are almost right. I had forgotten how many things have to be done to move into a house.

Called the water, gas, phone. Need to switch our bills, which I havent done yet. That can wait till we get home.

As we leave next week, mid-week. we come home a million years later. E is staying with his grandmother, for longer than we thought, as you have to wait to get your visa after you arrive, 3 days or so. Not that being in Addis is a bad idea, it sounds great, but......i hadn't really payed attention about the pick up trip before. We have to get there early and leave late. Also, all the flights are gone for the day after, so we have an extra day at the end. Oh well, whatever. We get her. At least we have our shots from last time, and I have the suitcases half packed. We stop on the way back with Lulu in NY for a day, then home.


We have an appointment. Wow.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Congratulations on the appointment! And Wow... what a list to do... and I thought I had it bad just packing. Good luck!

Jeanne said...

Woooo Hoooo!!! So happy for you and your family!

Miriam Eusebio said...

Yippee Yippee Yippee! I'm smiling so hard for you! Hooray!
lovelovelove!