Friday, May 21, 2010

Kevetching

May 19, 2010

Lulu-B is having a hard time staying asleep this afternoon, miss overviligent. Maybe she thinks we are crazy, not really understanding how things are done. We have stuck close to home today, trying to get in the swing of things.

Yesterday, we tried to give her her first bath at the guesthouse; it was a disaster. Not enough water, too cold, couldn't find the plug for the tub, not ready with the clothes, the soap, the everything. THAT, she forgave us, but then we oiled her body with Jojoba oil and, as we had not been lotioning enough, her skin was dry. We can only presume that the oil bothered her, because, our dear Lulu got mad. Really mad. Foot stomping mad. Tears, about 45 minutes of mad, after which, she calmed down, maybe had a bottle and passed out, but I have forgotten the afterwards. Too bad, cause I could have used some strategy for big mad recovery! Put some Aquafore over the top, got her clothes on and she calmed down.

And no BUTT PASTE for my baby. It dried her out and gave her a rash. Maybe when we put the oil on the rash it reacted badly and hurt her. I don't know. She was all smiles again, before we knew it!

She really gets excited about simple things, seeing us in the morning, being outside, books, grabbing your hand. One does have to be careful not to overstimulate, as she starts to shake. TOO MUCH input, but each day she gets more relaxed, or so I hope.

I also reached for an outfit and it didn't fit. She has gained some weight and length! She is growing. She loves looking at people, the other babies, daddy, and leaves blowing in the breeze. She is pretty great. She reaches for Mitchel, is super aware of noises and sounds and very aware of the faces she sees more than once. She smiles for me, but often ignores me. I need to get her even more connected, but I am not too worried. Her behavior reminds me intensly of Eli. If we are too much, she turns her head away. I am often too much! Daddy always get a big smile and if he doesnt stop and say hello, she gets miffed.

We miss the Schmee, I hope we are home soon.

No comments: