Sunday, May 9, 2010

Here we come!


Lulu-B, are you already like your mother, do you love to wear mismatched socks?

This was her third referral picture. She is getting a bit bigger. I think she tops out at 13 pounds now, probably fully dressed! Or at least in her diaper.

Okay, it has been go, go, go for days now. We are not only adopting our dear little girl from Ethiopia, which has been a long and emotional road, but we just moved houses. I had forgotten, but moving is something that brings on amnesia; obviously, you have to transport all of your things from one place to another, AND make it into a home. Add to that a special game of beat the clock, trying to get your house livable in 5 days... this is an exciting time, but I am really looking forward to a new normal, maybe something a bit more relaxed, not requiring opening or closing boxes.

A fun part of adopting and moving is that you need to update your home-study. Luckily, we moved in state, which is possible to do. To move out of state, I have heard, is almost impossible, and I can only imagine the paperwork if you need to move out of a country into another one. I know more about what happens to our paperwork than I ever wanted to and if you look back on the blog, the trail is there. We received an all clear from the main adoption agency; hopefully, our visa will be issued when we arrive and it will all go smoothly.

Our first boy home is very, very, very excited to stay at his grandparents. I said my mom was a little jealous and he said he wanted to split himself in to two, like Dr. Manhattan, and stay with Matmah and with Gramme. Such a sweetie. He was such a good traveler, I am nervous to leave him, but he is really, really excited. He just had a bath, toweled off in his new iron man towel and put his new iron man PJ's on. Time for a book with mom, and off to bed. he will be rotten by the time we get back from Ethiopia.

I am suddenly a bucket of nerves. What if? What if? What if? I packed an entire extra bag and the wrong things I am sure. Eli ended up with 2 jackets and two sweatshirts, why, I have no idea. I have 5 skyballs to give away, which are bulky, awkward and whatever. I hope I have enough diapers, formula, bottles, clothes for the baby. So many things to worry about. I have a packing list from one of the adoption sites, and I checked things off it. I didnt bring:

Nail scissors
Hair oil
In country snacks.

I do have, malaria medicine, books, some toys, and more stuff than I know what to do with. So excited to be going back to Ethiopia. We LOVED Addis, our last visit. We loved the people, we loved the city, we loved Ethiopia.

Nervous, nervous, nervous.

Lulu, here we come, here we come. Ready or not, here we come. I hope you like it in our family.



2 comments:

Jeanne said...

How very exciting! Don't forget to enjoy a few quiet moments!

Emily said...

So excited for your family and little Lulu B! Have a safe journey!