Sunday, March 28, 2010

Wow....






Going to visit Lulu-B. In Africa. Lot of work to pack for Africa. Half our luggage is medicine, I think. If I stayed up, i would be on Ethiopian time. Crazy, half a world away.

I am going to try and post in Africa, but I dont know if it will work. I may have to write the posts and then transfer them over to publish. Internet access is spotty and Mitchel and I will be sharing a computer. I may not get much time on it!

Alice delivered a quilt for Lulu tonight. Wow. She is so very, very, very kind. She finished it today and brought it to us. It is amazing to have new friends. I feel very lucky. We havent made many friends as parents, but that is changing this year. What a gift.

The quilt has owls. And it isnt pink. I think of Leahy. I think of wise old owl and I think of that apartment around the corner from our Guerrero Apartment a million years ago, with all the owls. They are still there, the last time I walked by with Bi-rite Ice cream.

Speaking of gifts, we called in the favors....Ed and Eileen stepped in the lurch so we could go to the Nueva benefit last night - (wild & fun) and Killian & Sean picked Mr. Schmee up at 10 took him to the park, brought him to Beth and Stasha's who proceeded to let him play Wi for several hours, then the Godmonsters brought Mr. Man home with Takeout....from Osha. Life is amazing when your friends help. And Paul and Cathy came by and brought beautiful baby clothes from Cha...gifts everywhere.

I hope I packed the right things.

Past time to sleep. we are leaving at 4 or 5 am.

We are coming to see you , dear Lulu.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

She Is Beautiful--all so thrilling!

Unknown said...

You are AMAZING!!! so inspiring Catharine.. what a gifted mother you are. Don't be surprised if Lu Lu doesn't do backflips when you tell her about that long flight ~ you are already there for her.. she is one delighted little girl.

hope you all are able to be present and peaceful during this journey ~ lots of hugs and kisses to you and your gorgeous family.
xo
S