Friday, March 26, 2010

Photos for Lulu-B





We passed.

Yesterday, we passed court in Ethiopia. Our daughter is legally ours, according to the Ethiopian Government. We found out today, in an email, and I called Mitchel to tell him; he could almost not speak. We happen to be going to visit, as I think she needs us, but now we are awaiting Embassy approval for a departure or pick up date. Hopefully sometime this summer.

My heart hurts today, just a bit, for the families I started this journey with. The families from the lovely Kyrgyzstan adoption group, still a group of people that I miss. Their council, their wise words and calm tones. They were a kind group and a small group. Families just before us had referrals, some with passed court dates, I think, but 65 families and children caught in limbo. A family, a child, connected but not together.

It is not rational; I know one terrifying element of this is the randomness of it all, but I feel as if Lulu-B took us from Kyrgyzstan to Ethiopia, trying very hard to come home.

Monday, now, fingers crossed, we go to visit her. And hopefully, sometime this summer she will come home. To have her not come home with us this trip, to let her stay when she is ours, I don't know how we will do that and survive, but to not go see her and give her some love is impossible. So we go. I am excited, nervous, thrilled, worried and so happy she is joining our family. Lulu-B, Lulu-B....here we come!


Our Timeline to Lulu-B:

Decided to Adopt Again: Jan 28, 08
Switched to Ethiopia, Feb, 09?
Dossier to Agency July 2, 09
Dossier Registered in Ethiopia, Aug 21, 09
Referral, Feb 1, 2010
Court: March 25, 2010 PASSED
Received news of court, March 26

Still Waiting.....

No comments: