Thursday, March 25, 2010

Africa and other things

The boys are sleeping and I cant sleep....there are things all over the house, and insanity in the air. The to do list is longer than I thought:

Buy dog food,
Get $20 bills all after the year 2000.
A long skirt.
Hat.
Shoe:E needs second pair of shoes, as he just out grew everything.....
Vaccinations
Find the list and find out what I forgot.
Embassy registration


It is like a treasure hunt. Special money, special treats, special med's, And the list goes on and on and on....

(We are going to Africa. Just to visit and see her.)

Today, some big bids came back on the house we are in contract on and our agent got the brunt of my mommy anger...sorry to say....that, and the lame dude flirting on his break with another Costco employee on his break at the prescription counter. I finally said to him, could you try a little harder here? We are buying a house today and going to Africa on Monday...I'd like to fill all the prescriptions and I don't have a lot of time to waste. The malaria meds sealed the deal, I think, he stepped up, although I still have to go back. i just couldn't wait.

(Africa. Dubai then Africa. buddy passes. Takes two and a half days to get there.)

I had just picked Eli up from school, talked to three friends about school choices, less than relaxing to say the least (for those of you not from the California Bay Area or NYC.....this is the week SF tells you if you got into school. YOU? No your child, but you are basically powerless, or have to make some impossible choice. Is my 5 year old going to be a self starter? Does he need freedom or structure? Should he be fluent in Spanish, but never see a microscope? Public schools are on a lottery. You spend weeks in the fall visiting schools, pick out your favorites and you sign up. Zachary didn't get into any of his choices. The other route is private and most people get wait-listed. An icky week we experienced last year. We feel lucky, Eli is at Nueva school, which although lacking language immersion, is a fantastic school, with amazing hands on science and a good fit for Eli. Categorizing & sorting Lichen and Mushrooms in Pre-K. Eli is happy, we are happy, but it is hard to see my friends going though it and strange to be so stressed out the same week.

the house. How to even think of it. I spent 2 or 3 hours writing up all the bids and hopefully it will save us some money or hassles. Doubt it. Just made poor Eli feel ignored.



Printed a list of things to do and I hadnt even got down a third of the page. AKK.

(Ethiopia, her land. I cant wait to see her. STOP Dont get to bring her home. STOP But it will be the first time our family is together. STOP Part of her story. part of Eli's.)


Send it down the line.

No comments: