Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Summer is here

Summer is here and in a big way. We played with Jeanne and Dexter this morning, then Wendy, Jasper and Dylan this afternoon. Fun in the sun by the pool; it was pretty delicious. Dylan is so fabulous, 3 and really a favorite of mine. The moment that he actually saw B and she actually saw him was incredible.

Also, it was fantastic to see Dexter and Eli fall right into hanging out and playing. It really was fun, as if no time had passed. And, Miss B loves jeanne. She slows down and says hello, eye to eye. Amazingly enough, Ms B remembered her. She does have quite a memory for faces. So wonderful to see her connecting with people.

I was going to post a huge bunch of pics today, but my computer is actually in the shop. Next week, I plan to post a bunch of old photos and try to catch up my pics with our journey.

Ms. B is doing really well. She is being loved up, by me, by Eli, by everyone, and eats like crazy. I tried to keep track of her oz of formula today and she is over 40. And she had some baby cereal and peas. And some water, just a few oz. She likes to eat. I wonder about her knowing when she is full. Maybe it will come with time, but I need to do some research. I cant find the right phrases tonight! I wonder who to ask.

I feel a bit lost with the sensory integration. Everyone suggests to keep on keeping on, but I feel as if there might be better advice somewhere. We are going in the pool, having a bath, having baby massage when we lotion, being on different surfaces, inside, outside, reading books, but her body needs integration to her environment and I feel there might be more ways to help her than I know.

And also, how does one decide when to switch to bigger size nipples on the bottles. She is on the slowest, which has helped her over active tongue relax, but if the only reason is convenience for the grown up, then should we stick with slow speed? I have no idea.

We started cranial work this week. She did really well. I like the new doctor, but it will be interesting to see how B tolerates it. It was fun to not have to put her on the table to be worked on; that made the whole process much, much easier for both of us. It has helped her breathing massively and I hope it makes everything come together for her so she is really comfortable in her body. She is very, very, very tight. She just tries to keep track of everything.

I am stressed about working this weekend. My first days back with gigs and I have 3 in a row with two rehearsals. 5 days, 2 rehearsals, 3 gigs. Bummer. i hope I can stay relaxed, connect with Lulu and be nice to Eli and mitchel. I hope it goes well.

then, very little on the books for a while. Baby, summer, Eli, sun. i hope it is really a perfect summer.

2 comments:

jen said...

http://www.dds.ca.gov/earlystart/

Jen Shields here Check out this site and I think they will have additional sensory info for you

Catharine said...

You are the best. i hope the boys are wonderful.